Some days before this task you should look for images related to the Syrian Civil War. You need to find an image for each of the following subjects:
Bombings, daily survival, fleeing people, refugee camps. You must write a brief reflection of the feelings this image brings out to you. Attach the location and time it was taken if possible. You must mention the source you got it from.
Classify the images in the Google Drive folders named:
- Daily survival
- Fleeing people
- Refugee camps
There must be kids in the pictures you choose.
Open the worksheet EscapingWar_activity1, print it at home and complete it before starting Task 1 at school.
- Tell your group why you have chosen these instead of any other
- Cut out the images you brought. Every expert in the group collects all pictures related to their speciality (bombings, daily survival, fleeing people, refugee camps)
- Leave the group and join the expert group dealing with your speciality
- Once in the expert group, choose a total of seven pictures
- Open the Google Drive folder escaping war>CivilSpanishWarphotosand select 7 pictures of the Spanish Civil War that can complement your photos from Syria
- Share your selection with your group of experts via AirDrop
- Go back to your original group
- Use iMovie to create a video with 7 images of each category, with the Syrian pictures fading to black and white and following the Spanish Civil War ones. Make sure to deactivate the Ken Burns effect for a smooth transition.
- Add some music
- Upload your final video to the Google Drive folder escaping war>videos-final product, using the name escaping_act1_grup1, using your group number at the end.